Monday, April 14, 2014

Giving Back to the Cancer Group that Helped Me



The Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, ThyCa, has helped me through some rough times during my long struggle with Medullary Thyroid Cancer, and now I'd like to give something back. 


Starting today (Monday) for a week (April 14 - April 20), in honor of "Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Week," I will donate one-half proceeds from sales of my cancer-themed novel to the Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association.
As some of you know, my novel, The Opposite of Everything, is a comic twist on my journey through MTC, divorce, treatment and new love. A finalist in the Somerset Fiction Awards, it’s available on Amazon (http://amzn.to/IEvXtn) and at book stores along my tour this spring (www.davidkalishwriter.com lists tour stops).
Giving back to ThyCa is one way for me to show thanks to the organization that has helped me find an amazing community of fellow MTC survivors as well as a clinical trial for Caprelsa, which has given me a new lease on life. I also believe laughter is strong medicine, and my novel is strong on comedy.
Going forward, I plan to donate one-half of my book's proceeds to ThyCa in September, during Thyroid Cancer Awareness month, and during the week of ThyCa's annual conference, in October, when I'll be presenting alongside Bill McClain and others on the subject of Art as Therapy.
No comments: 

No comments: