Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Giving Something Back to the Cancer Group that Helped Me

The Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, ThyCa, has helped me through some rough times during my long struggle with Medullary Thyroid Cancer, and now I'd like to give something back. As I kick off my book tour this week, starting tomorrow night at Northshire in Saratoga, I've decided to donate one-half of proceeds from my book to THYCA during special times such as Head and Neck Cancer awareness week (in April), Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month (September), and the week of ThyCa’s annual conference in October. I will keep you updated on details. Thank you to Cherry Wunderlich at ThyCa for helping me arrange my donation.

After several operations, chemotherapy, and experimental treatment, I'm grateful to the group that's provided me with a community of survivors and helped me research and find an effective treatment. THYCA has been in the back of my mind as I've written my novel, The Opposite of Everything, a comic twist on my journey through cancer, divorce, treatment, and renewal. Here's my Amazon link, and my Web site.

I can't wait to see my THYCA friends at the annual conference in Denver in October, where I'll be presenting alongside Bill McClain on the subject of Art as Therapy.

No comments: