Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Catching up with the rest of life

Hi Everyone,

Never thought I'd do two blogs at once. Sure, I'm a novelist, and my debut book The Opposite of Everything will be published March 11, but I figured one blog was exhausting enough. And yet, I've decided to reactivate this Blogger site after abandoning it two months ago. I'd set it aside because I needed to focus on my Times Union blog, which features twice-weekly wry personal essays on a range of topics, which may or may not relate to my writing journey.

And yet, my novel's coming out in the spring, and there's so much I need to say about the journey to the bookshelf. And so this will be a place for sharing news with supporters of my curious journey from scribbled notes to bound book. It’s a mashup of tidbits on writing, authors in the news, my Times Union blog posts, and updates on The Opposite of Everything, and my musical comedic play, The Gringo Who Stole Christmas. It chronicles the artistic collaboration process – how creating a play, for instance, differs so very much from a novel – and the pitfalls and benefits of spreading the word through social media, such as this group.

I'll also post special deals on my book.

So much is going on, and this blog allows me to casually mention things instead of shaping them into careful essays. I'm planning my book tour for the spring, and the dates are still in flux. Here's how things are shaping up:

 -- Book publication date: March 11
--  a launch event in late March at a bookstore in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
-- launch event in early April at a bookstore in Park Slope, Brooklyn
-- April 10, an hour-long event at Saratoga Library
-- Early May, I'll be holding a panel at the Grubstreet Writer's conference in Boston
-- May, event at Newtonville Books in Boston
-- May 22, book event at Golden Notebook books in Woodstock, N.Y.

Many gaps need to be filled here. But writing about it helps me to stay organized. I'll let you know more as soon as I do.

Until the next post,

Dave K.



No comments: